Yep, it’s gonna be getting underway soon. I’ve just got to transfer some beloved Pokes from my cart before I start up. The main reason it’s taken so long is because I’ve been sick most of this week, possibly due to the excessive levels of bullshit Choke spouts about his so-called Mudpuddle “Charles.” He’ll have more in common with Xavier than just first names when I’m through with him.
Anyway, friendly trash talk aside, I’ll be using the same schedule as I did last time. The journal entries will be coming out Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 12pm EST until it comes down to Choke and I throwing down to see who really comes out on top as the best Pokemon Trainer in the world. Remember, we’ll be finish this epic battle by sharing the battle video at the end.
So, a refresher for everyone, or in case you’re new and don’t know what a Nuzlocke is (It’s ok. Really. Sit down, hang out. It’ll be fun, frantic, and heart-wrenching).
The main Nuzlocke rules are as follows
- You may only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in an area, if you knock it out, don’t have Pokeballs, or otherwise lose the chance to capture it, too bad. It’s gone.
- Duplicates Clause will be in effect during this run as well. This just states that if the player runs into a Pokemon they’ve already caught, they can skip it, knock it out, whatever, without penalization.
- If a Pokemon faints, it’s dead and has to be released. No revives, no PokeCenter revives. It’s dead and gone. Some people set up a “Graveyard” box on the PC to remember their fallen heroes, which is fine, but the Pokemon cannot be accessed during the Nuzlocke for battling or use of any sort.
Pretty straight forward, yea? Mr. Chokey-Choke had some other rules for us to abide by, so here’s that list!
- Everything must be generated from the cartridge being used. No Wonder Trading, GTS, Pokemilage Club, etc.
- No Legendaries (with the exception of Latios/Latias due to it being part of the story)
- No EXP Share or Repels.
- All wild Pokemon must be battled.
- Each area of the Safari Zone will count as its own section. (Meaning that that’s four chances to get new Pokemon)
That’s that for the rules. Choke is already miles ahead of me, I’ve got serious catching up to do. I’ve no fear of his muppet Charles. I’ll turn him from a Mudkip into a Mudhole.
The Avian King will retain his dominance over nature.
Anyway, I hope you guys have fun with this Nuzlocke, I know I will. See you all later for the review! This week it’s Breach & Clear, another tactics game (two tactics games in as many weeks, not bad for a genre I rarely play, eh?), and was donated by a friend of mine. You’ll get an introduction to him during the opening of the review.